She was dead serious.
Doesn’t everybody know that these “leaves” are really just a vehicle for getting loads of really delicious flavor combinations into your mouth? Because a bowl full of walnuts, apples, dried cranberries and feta cheese covered in dressing would be nothing short of wonderful, but also somewhat… odd. So we put it on top of some leaves, call it a salad, and dig it.
And as you can see, here I am doing just that…..
- 6 cups salad (I used a combination of arugula and baby spinach, any spring green mix will do)
- 1 red apple
- 1 green apple
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (such as Diamond of California)
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup organic apple juice
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar in a pinch)
- 1 tbsp honey
- scant ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- Core and chop apples (thin slices or 1 inch chunks). Toss lettuce, apples, walnuts, feta, and cranberries together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Toss with salad immediately before serving. Enjoy!
**Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a larger group.