As soon as the days start to get shorter, the leaves begin to change color, and the sweaters find their way out of the closets, that’s when the world knows it’s time for pumpkin spice. Pumpkin spice has become as synonymous with autumn as football, and for those who want to get in on some of that action, these Pumpkin Spiced No-Bake Cookies are the way to go. This no bake pumpkin cookie recipe is a gooey treat especially designed to help welcome in the fall.
Little balls of cookie dough.
That taste like oatmeal and pumpkin…
What could be better?!
Well, if they had chocolate it would be better. But no one says you can’t add that in!
Pumpkin Spice No Bake Cookies:
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup xylitol or sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon + a pinch pumpkin pie spice
- optional: handful mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin (or sweet potato puree)
- 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons milk of choice, as needed
- 1 tablespoon oil (omit if you desire, but I can’t vouch for the results)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Combine all dry ingredients and stir very well. In a separate bowl, combine all liquid (including pumpkin). Then stir to combine, and form into balls or cookies. Or put in the fridge to firm up a little before forming cookies.
With Love From the Trench Kitchen,