I hope that you had a fantastic week. This week was crazy as ever in the Tkatchuk household. Two fairly major things evolved.
1.) I have decided to train for a marathon.
2.) I have partnered with a fantastic local organic grocery store, Body Fuel Organic. Lana – the owner of BFO – has graciously extended a 10% discount to all Trench Fitness clients and I couldn’t be more excited!
So yes, I have decided to get back into running. This first week of training has gone really well. Its amazing how running as a sport is so much more enjoyable than running to lose weight or because you hate yourself. I am super excited for the next few months of training and to for the opportunity to race in MAUI!! Maui is my happy place. I would move to Maui in a heartbeat. Everything about the island makes me smile. From the island vibe, to the coconut everything, to the Caribbean inspired music, I love it all. So what better place to run a marathon…
So why after all this time have I decided to get back into running? Three influential women in my life (all of whom are named Deb) run marathons, and that has totally inspired me to get back into competitive running. So now its simply a matter of convincing my darling husband to co pilot this journey with me… AND for even more ‘aww’ factor, the run passes through the beach Monkey and I got married on, on our actual wedding anniversary!!
You will notice that the meals this week are very nutritionally dense. This is to provide the best fuel possible for my running requirements and Neil’s powerlifitng requirements. I will be providing more detail into my training, diet and photos in a sequential blog post.
- Grocery shopping start to final meal in the fridge: 5 hours
Some of the things we did this week:
- Seasoned chicken and beef.
- Peel and chop potatoes.
- Chopped and bagged vegetables.
- Baked granola bars.
- Sliced beets for ArciFry chips.
- Prepared pumpkin energy balls.
- Baked apple cookies.
- Slice and prepare squash.
- Breakfast: Banana French Toast.
- Lunch: Left-over Beef on a Bun with Vegetables.
- Dinner: Chicken, Apple and Sweet Potato Creation (R).
- Dessert: Quest Bar PB Crackers.
- Breakfast: Breakfast Wrap.
- Lunch: Left-Over ‘Creation’ (not sure how to title this one, its basically a pile of delicious mush).
- Dinner: Sweet and Salty Fall Harvest Salad.
- Dessert: Cookie Dough PB Quest Bar Lava Cake (R).
- Breakfast: Muffin and a Smoothie.
- Lunch: Salad with Left-over Beef.
- Dinner: Maple Roasted Vegetable and Bacon Flat Bread.
- Dessert: Raspberry Quest Bar Cup.
- Breakfast: Omelette and Toast.
- Lunch: Left-over Sweet Potato Creation.
- Dinner: Brussles Sprout Salad (R).
- Dessert: Casein Fluff and Cookies.
- Breakfast: Cereal.
- Lunch: Left-over Salad.
- Dinner: Ham and Swiss Sandwich with French Fries.
- Dessert: Homemade Blizzard.
- Breakfast: Pumpkin Pancakes.
- Lunch: Sandwich and Veggies.
- Dinner: Sushi with Edename and Purple Cabbage.
- Dessert: Quest Smores Cup.
- Brunch: French Toast and Bacon.
The rest of the day, we eat up all the leftovers and clean the fridge out for oncoming week.
Weekly Grocery List
- Coconut flour
- Almond meal (can be made by crushing almonds in a food processor)
- Rolled Oats
- Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg
- Coconut oil
- Chili powder
- Almond butter
- Almond milk
- Canned pumpkin
- Pumpkin seeds.
- Organic beef tenderloin.
- Free range organic chicken breasts.
- Turkey bacon (Lean Life from Costco).
- Omega eggs.
- Egg whites.
- Russet potatoes
- Butternut squash
- Kabocha squash
- Bell peppers (we prefer yellow)
- Red onion
- Brussels sprouts
- Frozen Raspberries
- Fat-free Greek yogurt
- Diya lactose free cheese
- Flat bread
- Bread for toast
- Kneaded GF Bakery Chia Buns
I will be providing the recipes for the items with (R) beside them. If you have any questions, comments or concerns feel free to email me at anytime [email protected]. I will be posting the Trench Discount information to the private group later today 🙂
Have a strong, focused and bad ass week.
With love from the Trench Kitchen,