Here’s a recipe for crockpot red pepper chicken that your whole family is sure to love. It’s simple, healthy, and absolutely delicious. (Because who wants to eat healthy food that doesn’t taste good?!?)
Simply combine all of the ingredients in your crockpot and let it do all of the work for you. It only takes five minutes to prep and the chicken and red peppers end up perfectly tender. Just be careful not to overcook because chicken can dry out easily.
You can also combine the ingredients raw and freeze for up to three months. I frozen two batches of this red pepper chicken during my last chicken crockpot freezer session and when we ate the first bag I was so glad we did. It was delicious!
Crockpot Red Pepper Chicken Recipe
Yields: 3 servings of red pepper chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, sliced (about 1.5 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced (about one cup)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook for 3-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- I served mine combined with some store-bought tomato sauce and two different types of pasta (texture thing) along side a cute little salad.
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible and freeze for up to three months. To cook, thaw and add to crockpot. Cook on “low” setting for 3-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
Serve with pasta as pictured. You can also shred the chicken and serve on a tortilla with cheddar cheese. YUM.
With Love From the Trench Kitchen,