Salmon Burgers and Sweet Potato Tater Tots
Unless you find salmon on sale it can be quite pricy. I put on my creative hat and found a use for canned salmon. Come at me omegas!
Noting gets me fired up quite like a good remix. We have been fortunate enough to have an amazing DJ in the gym over the past two weeks. This one is for you Gideon!!
Sweet Potato Tater Tots (Makes 40 tots)
1lb sweet potato
1 medium onion
2 tbsp oat flour
1 tsp mexican chili powder
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
2 large egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 375’F.
2. Using a food processor and shred sweet potatoes. Finely chop onion.
3. VERY IMPORTANT STEP DO NOT SKIP: Squeeze out all liquid from onion and potato.
4. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
5. Form mixture into 3/4″ balls and bake for 22-25 minutes.
Macros: Per 10 tots Calories: 144 – Protein: 6g – Carbs: 31g – Fat: 4g
1 small onion – chopped
1 salk celery – diced
3 tbsp parsley
15oz canned salmon
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450’F
2. Sautee onion and celery, add parsley.
3. Combine onion mixutre, salmon, and remaining ingredients. Shape into 8 patties.
4. Grill patties until brown. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 15 – 20 mnutes.
MACROS: Calories: 324g – Fat: 10g – Carb: 21g – Protien:31g
Live DJ in the Trenches!
With love from the Trench kitchen,