Smoky, spicy pork meets a sweet, tangy pineapple coleslaw and oh baby is it good! I love the contrasting flavors in this dish that work just perfectly together.
The pineapple coleslaw takes no time to whip together (especially if you can purchase a pre-shredded coleslaw package) and the pork is made in the slow cooker so this meal practically makes itself.
This has been a staple in our house this summer since it’s such an easy, wholesome meal that both Neil and I enjoy. I hope you love it as much as we do! Recipe serves 4-6 depending on appetite / macro allotment.
Slow Cooker Chipotle Pork with Pineapple Coleslaw:
- 4 lbs pork roast
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder (more if you like it spicy!)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups chicken or beef stock
- 1 teaspoon all natural liquid smoke
- Topping Options: avocado slices, cilantro, bbq sauce
- For the pineapple coleslaw:
- 4 cups coleslaw (approximately ½ head green cabbage, ½ head red cabbage, 2 carrots – all shredded OR store bought)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups fresh pineapple
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the spices for the pork in a small bowl.
- Rub the entire pork with the spices.
- Place in the slow cooker.
- Add in the stock, balsamic, and liquid smoke.
- Give it a stir, cover the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When it’s finished cooking, take the pork out of the slow cooker and shred it. Feel free to add in ¼ – ½ cup of some of the slow cooker juice if you like a juicier shredded pork.
- Serve with the pineapple coleslaw and any optional toppings. Enjoy!
For the pineapple coleslaw: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir.
Can be served however you please; on a bun, on some rice, or right out of the crock pot… its your world squirrel.
With Love From the Trench Kitchen,