- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- Sea salt + cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (you can also use cumin if you don’t have curry)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Layer the sweet potato chunks and chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic, red onion, apple sauce, cider vinegar, curry powder, and ginger.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and sweet potato chunks.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, until the chicken and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Serve alone or over rice.
With Love From the Trench Kitchen,