Sometimes one of the hardest part of dieting is watching others indulge in foods we once loved. You have got to give these ‘pizza bites’ a try. You could eat this pizza everyday and still get lean!
A fabulous Trench Fitness client was talking to me about how difficult it is to watch others eat foods she once loved to occasionally indulge in. We can all relate to this cant we? It takes a remarkable amount of discipline to refrain from temptation and stick to the plan. Although we believe that no food is good / bad I do love to take foods higher in carbs and fat and overhaul the ingredients. Even if you don’t like cauliflower give this recipe a try. I topped ours with sugar free tomato paste. Have fun with it and top it as you would your favorite pizza!
2 cups grated cauliflower (washed, drained and groiund up in food processor)
1/4 cup egg whites
1/2 cup non fat cottage cheese
3 tsp Italian seasoning
1-2 tbsp hot sauce.
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Pan a muffin tin.
3. In a hot frying pan saute the ground cauliflower until translucent; after place in a bowl and let cool.
4. Place all ingredients back into the food processor and process until combined.
5. Spoon mixture into muffin tin and press down firmly (if you skip this step they will fall apart).
6. Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
7. Remove from muffin tin and let cool.
MACROS – (per 1 muffin) calories: 30 – fat: 0g – carb: 4 – protein: 4g
Process the cauliflower until its a rice like texture. It also makes aweome pizza crust or even mashed ‘potatoes’.
With love from the Trench Kitchen,
xo Erika ♥