There is something so peaceful about waking up early on Sunday morning sipping coffee, snuggling my puppy, and planning out the week. This week Cinnabon and I headed to an adorable little hole-in-the-wall coffee shop downtown Regina and enjoyed a sugar free latte. I know it may seem crazy to some but I find planning somewhat relaxing, For the recipe round up this week you will see that I have included a lot of recipes that I like to refer to as ‘dirty hooker’ recipes – cheap and easy (no disrespect intended). The upcoming week is fairly busy and the means that we need to pull out the old crock pot and make as much ahead of time as possible.
- Grocery shopping start to final meal in the fridge: 4 hours
Some of the things we did this week:
- Seasoned chicken and beef.
- Boiled whole chicken for Bonnie’s pops.
- Chopped and bagged vegetables.
- Baked zucchini chocolate chip muffins for grab-and-go breakfasts.
- Shred sweet potatoes for Bonnie’s cookies.
- Sliced russet potaotes for ActiFry chips.
- Baked pumpkin cookies for a monkey husband desert option.
- Slice and prepare squash.
- Bake black bean salad.
- Breakfast: Yogurt Parfait.
- Lunch: Egg McMuffin.
- Dinner: Beef Stew (R)
- Dessert: Protein Fluff with Nilla Cookies.
- Breakfast: Zucchini Muffins and Smoothie.
- Lunch: Left-over Beef Stew.
- Dinner: Quesadilla with J&J Salsa and Black Bean Salad.
- Dessert: Cookie Dough PB Quest Bar Lava Cake.
- Breakfast: French Toast.
- Lunch: Salad with Chicken.
- Dinner: Autumn Pizza.
- Dessert: Pumpkin Spice Quest Bar Brownie Bites.
- Breakfast: Chocolate Oatmeal.
- Lunch: Chicken Wrap.
- Dinner: Apple, Cranberry and Walnut Salad (R), with Crock Pot Chicken and a Warm Ciabatta Bun.
- Dessert: Quest Thin Mints.
- Breakfast: Blueberry Pancakes.
- Lunch: Egg McMuffin.
- Dinner: Butternut Squash Lasagna (R).
- Dessert: Quest Crackers with PB Filling.
- Breakfast: French Toast Roll Up.
- Lunch: Chicken or Beef Sandwiches with Veggie’s and Dip
- Dinner: Pumpkin Soup with Homemade Crackers.
- Dessert: Quest Smores Cup.
- Brunch: Egg in a Basket.
The rest of the day, we eat up all the leftovers and clean the fridge out for oncoming week.
Weekly Grocery List
- Coconut flour
- Almond meal (can be made by crushing almonds in a food processor)
- Rolled Oats
- Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg
- Coconut oil
- Chili powder
- Almond butter
- Almond milk
- Canned pumpkin
- Canned black beans.
- Organic beef tenderloin.
- Free range organic chicken breasts.
- Turkey bacon (Lean Life from Costco).
- Omega eggs.
- Egg whites.
- Corned beef (nitrate free).
- Russet potatoes
- Mango or papaya
- Butternut squash,
- Kabocha squash
- Bell peppers (we prefer yellow)
- Red onion
- Brussle sprouts
- Fat-free Greek yogurt
- Diya lactose free cheese
- Pita bread
- Bread for toast
- Lasagna noodles
I will be providing the recipes for the items with (R) beside them. If you have any questions, comments or concerns; or if you (like my dear friend Lindsey) cannot for the life of you find an ingredient, feel free to email me at anytime sprungeh@gmail.
Have a strong, focused and bad ass week.
With love from the Trench Kitchen,