We all know meal preparation, grocery shopping, and cooking ahead are necessary evils in order to stay on track. They can seem like such overwhelming and time-consuming tasks. In this blog post I provide our weekly meal prep, including the grocery list and recipes.
As my idol Marry Poppins says ‘When you find the fun – SNAP – the job’s a game’
I used to loathe the idea of having to spend all that time in the grocery store and kitchen on a perfectly good weekend. But once I realized how much time and money I save during the hectic work week by not stopping at the grocery store every couple days and cooking every night, my perception changed.
Then we go to the store and do our WOD – “Costco for time.” We’ve learned to weave in and out of the shopping carts pushed by moms with toddlers and coffin dodgers in record time. We are the crazies who go long and throw spiral passes with random vegetables.
I am absolutely in love with everything about fall, so today’s meal-prep Sunday was especially rewarding. Cool days like today my favorite, so we opened the windows, turned on the muted football game, blared some Dave Matthews on Pandora, unloaded the groceries, and got to business. Chili was started on the stove, and dancing, chopping, sealing, and baking ensued.
- Grocery shopping start to final meal in the fridge: 4.5 hours
- Memories made: lifetime
Some of the things we did this week:
- Seasoned chicken (Siracha, BBQ, Honey Dill).
- Prepared homemade oat bars for a easry ‘go to’ snack.
- Chopped and bagged vegetables.
- Baked gluten-free pumpkin muffins for grab-and-go breakfasts.
- Shredded sweet potatoes.
- Sliced russet potaotes.
- Baked creamsicle and cashew butter cookies for a monkey husband desert option.
- Slice and prepare acorn squash.
- Breakfast: Banana Berry Oat Bar.
- Lunch: Leftover chili.
- Dinner: Warm Israeli Couscous with Roasted Fall Vegetables
- Dessert: Quest Mug Cake
- Breakfast: Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins.
- Lunch: Left Over Couscous with a Small Salad
- Dinner: Roasted and Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Dessert: Sandwich Cookie
- Breakfast: Leftover Muffins with Smoothie
- Lunch: Eggs and Toast
- Dinner: Caramelized Squash, Spiced Pecan and Pomegranate Dressing served with a Rye Bun and Tri-Flavor Chicken
- Breakfast: Yogurt Parfait
- Lunch: Leftover Squash made into Soup
- Dinner: Pizza
- Breakfast: Banana Pancakes and Bacon
- Lunch: Eggs and Toast
- Dinner: Corned Beef Sandwich with ActiFry Chips
- Breakfast: Protein Coffee Cake
- Lunch: Chicken or Beef Sandwiches with Veggie’s and Dip
- Dinner: Sushi with Purple Cabbage, Miso Noodles and Edamame
- Brunch: Sweet potato sausage hash topped with fried egg
The rest of the day, we eat up all the leftovers and clean the fridge out for oncoming week.
Weekly Grocery List
- Coconut flour
- Almond meal (can be made by crushing almonds in a food processor)
- Rolled Oats
- Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg
- Coconut oil
- Chili powder
- Almond butter
- Almond milk
- Canned pumpkin
- Organic Salmon and Rockfish
- Grassfed ground beef (we would use 4lb)
- Free range organic chicken breasts
- Breakfast sausage
- Omega eggs
- Corned beef (nitrate free)
- Romaine lettuce
- Bell peppers (we prefer yellow)
- Acorn squash
- Brussels Spouts
- White onion
- Sweet potatoes
- Small red potatoes
- Organic apples
- Russet potatoes
- Fat-free Greek yogurt
- White chocolate chips
- Israeli couscous
- Bread for toast
I will be posting the corresponding recipes throughout the week and I would LOVE to see your recipe photos. Tag me in your social media photos for FREE O.N goodies.
If you find this meal prep / grocery list blog post helpful please let me know in the comments – I would be happy to continue providing inspiration and guidance for your culinary pleasure. Bon Apetit!
With love from the Trench Kitchen,