First, you must create a batter that isn’t more than 25 percent protein powder. It’s better if you use a veggie powder, a protein blend, or casein. You can use a whey concentrate or isolate, but the final product may end up a bit, well, rubbery.
Second, your batter must contain either ground almonds, ground cashews, or another ground nut. This will help offset any dryness. You can use nut butter, too, but ground nuts work best.
Third, use eggs. You can use either whole eggs or egg whites, but you must have them in the batter.
Finally, to give your donuts “body,” use oat flour, ground oat, buckwheat flour, amaranth flour, coconut flour, or some combination of the above.
Cinnamon Sugar Protein Donuts
- 1.5 Scoops ON Gold Standard Whey Cake Donut
- 1 Scoop ON Gold Standard Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup Almond Meal
- 1 tbsp Oat Flour
- 3 tbsp Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all of the above ingredients in a large bowl till thoroughly mixed
- Cover Donut Pan with Calorie Free Nonstick Spray (Butter Flavor)
- Pour mixture into pan into 8 wells of a donut pan
- Place in Oven for 8 – 10 minutes (check for desired texture)
With Love From The Trench Kitchen,